During the 24-hours hackathon organized by the NUS Hackers, a convenient SMS broadcast script was born, in cool developer’s fashion.
The NUS Hackers used the script to send SMS to the hackathon participants, announcing important events such as lunch/dinner/pizzas..
This is how you can use too:
- git clone https://github.com/rahulg/textbcast
- Create a file (eg. phones.txt) with the phone numbers, separating each by a breakline
- Edit config file and enter your Hoiio App ID and Access Token, and also a sender name (if you don’t have SMS Rebranding enabled, enter your mobile number)
- Run ./bcast.sh phones.txt
- Enter your desired SMS message
- Press Ctrl-D
- Press y
If all’s good, you will see success_ok status!
Categories: API for Developers Communication
Leave a Reply