Hoiio is known as the best SIP trunk provider in Asia because of its easiness to use and configure to most of the IP PBX or IP Phones: 3CX, Asterisk, Grandstream, Cisco, FreePBX, Avaya etc.
We have shown how you can configure a 3CX soft phone on Windows PC before. This blog post is to guide you on how to configure a Yealink SIP-T20 IP Phone with Hoiio SIP.
Configuring Hoiio SIP on Yealink SIP-T20 IP Phone
Step 1: Prepare Hoiio SIP details
Login to Hoiio and get SIP username, password, and incoming number ready. If you have not subscribed to Hoiio SIP, try it now with 30-day money-back guarantee.
Step 2: Configure a new SIP accounts on the SIP-T20 phone
Click the “Menu” button
Next, choose “Settings”
Enter your admin password, the default password is “admin”
Next, you can choose line 1 or line 2 to be configured. After choosing the line, enter the follow information:
- Label: <anything you want>
- Display name: <anything you want, can be your incoming number>
- Register name = <Hoiio SIP User name>
- Username = <Hoiio SIP User name>
- Password = <Hoiio SIP password>
- Sip server = siptrunk.hoiio.com
- Outbound = enable (if you want to make outgoing call)
- Outbound host = siptrunk.hoiio.com
- STUN = <you can choose to enable it>
- STUN server = stun.hoiio.com
- Auto answer = disable
Press “Ok” then you are done. After a few seconds you should see the line shows “Registered”.
To make outgoing call, follow this standard: <country code> + <area code> + <destination>. For example, you are making a call to a number in Singapore 94392633. On your phone, key in: 6594392633 then press “Ok”.
Hoiio SIP is the best SIP trunk provider in Asia. For only SGD 9.99 /month, you can connect IP-PBX, ATA, or soft phones to Hoiio infrastructure, get incoming numbers in various countries, and enjoy unlimited concurrent calls.